Friday, April 26, 2024

Friday Finishes

I realized late today that I had not written my Friday post.  And I have three lovely Veteran quilts to share today!


This first RWB Churn Dash quilt I put together.  I used some of the 6" blocks for the center and then framed it with the 12" blocks.  This is quilt #2 of this block drive.



It is hard to see the fabric on the back, but it is a red black and white homespun fabric I have had for quite some time.

This quilt measures 60 x 72".



Cheryl sent in this churn dash quilt top.  I love how she alternated the blocks with the HSTs.  This is the third completed quilt from this block drive.



I pulled this blue starred fabric out of my stash.  I had purchased it over a year ago with the idea that I would use it on a donation quilt.  I quilted it with big swirls.

This quilt measures about 65' square.



And finally, we have the 4th quilt for this block drive.  I think all of these blocks were sent in my Nann.  She also included the blue star sashing fabric (and a bunch more) in her package.


I decided to get out this awesome eagle fabric sent in by Karen.  It really looks spectacular on the back.



Also on the back, you can see the new labels.  I am still working on getting the temporary website completed but I hope to have that soon.  I am really pleased with how these labels turned out.  
If you want to read how I plan on efficiently adding these labels onto the quilt backs, you can read this post here.

Now I can go back to my other scheduled tasks for today. The Churn Dash pipeline is now filled and we should be seeing the completed ones more often.  Hope you are starting to see the blocks you donated!



There is still time to make a few blocks and get them into the mail.  You can read about how to make the blocks in this post.

A huge thanks to all who have sent in blocks, fabric and other items to help make all this happen.



 

6 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

These are awesome Cynthia. Love them all. It's always fun seeing how you put all the blocks together.

Sara said...

Those churn dash quilts are all beautiful and will be treasured by the veterans receiving them.

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty every one...love RWB

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love quilt #2 and the way you used the smaller blocks in the center and then framed them with the larger blocks. The labels look great on the quilts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

All three are awesome, but I absolutely LOVE that first one, Cynthia!! Hoping you got my package in today's mail. My apologies for forgetting to include a note!

Kate said...

Very fun quilts! It's always cool to see the same block set in different ways.

01 09 10