Sunday, April 28, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Strings

I had high hopes that I would be able to play with my scraps this week but it just didn't happen.  I was busy getting labels sewn onto all the finished quilts in stock - which was about 40 quilts.  And when the weather was nice, I ended up planting some of my garden.



I did want to share these awesome scrap blocks I received from Marci.  Aren't they fantastic?! She sent 10.5" and 6.5" square blocks.



I think they are going to look awesome all sewn together. Marci says she might try and send a few more and use more of her scrappy strings.
 I am sure I will have to make of few of these myself too!

I have also received some other 10.5" scrappy string blocks in RWB fabrics.  I love when I see these tucked into packages.  I have plans to make some blocks with scraps from the veteran quilts so I will have enough blocks for some quilt tops soon.

I love it when all the bits are used!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
                            

                                Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


 

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are fun blocks! Are they sewn on a foundation? It's not quite planting time here yet, but things are growing - my favorite season! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

String blocks. . .what a wonderful gift! I too have been thinking about a string project. . .sigh. . .tthere are just too many options and of course. . .too many started projects! LOL

Mystic Quilter said...

String blocks are always winners for me, can't go wrong and these look so good together.

Kate said...

Very fun scrappy string blocks. Those will be fun to make into a few quilts.

01 09 10