Sunday, April 7, 2024

Oh Scrap! : More Scrappy HSTs

This has been a hilarious week - My good friend is out of town and I am helping to take care of her four dogs.  Add my cheeky boy in there and it quickly becomes a circus!

I will certainly be glad to see here when she gets home.


 I did find some time this week to pull some blue scrappy strings to make these fun HSTs.  They measure 6.5" square.  There are 20 here.  I made more - I forgot that when you make these a "scrappy square" makes two blocks.  So I made twice the quantity I wanted.

That is okay though because they are really pretty!

What did you do with your scraps this week?!



*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I make mistakes like that all the time! Someone asked me why I always have so many orphan blocks? I guess they never miscount. Happy stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That does sound like quite a week! Did the dogs come to your house? Glad you got a little sewing time in - your string HSTs are fun! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Chantal said...

Five dogs! OMG! You are the kind of best friend everyone needs to find. Bless your soul. I'm sure you will find a use for the leftover blue string blocks. ;^)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What fun scrappy blue HST blocks. . .where they go. . . do you know yet???

Vicki W said...

You are a good friend and a brave woman to puppysit 4 dogs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL!! I've done that, too. What am I doing with scraps this weekend? Making Veteran blocks for YOU! :o))

Kate said...

There are so many fun ways to set HSTs, I'm sure you'll find a fun use for the extras.

01 09 10