Friday, June 21, 2024

Two Step Quilt #1

 Sorry, I am posting a finish a little late today.  My heat pump went out and the temperatures inside my house have been way too hot.  It is hard to work much but thankfully I am getting a new system on Tuesday.  Then I will be back on track!



I thought I would share the first quilt made using the Two Step blocks.  I didn't make this top - Cheryl sent it in already sewn up.  All of her blocks have the same pretty leaf print where the 5" square goes.



I used this pretty twig print on the back.  I don't always like light backings but with those rich colors on the front, I think this beige print works.

This quilt measures about 48" x 57".



There is still lots of time for you to make some blocks for this block drive.  It is easy to sew and you can use up some autumn-colored scraps.  I won't need all the blocks until about mid-August.  You can read about how to make the blocks and about Many Hands and Many Hearts in this post.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
I will be spending mine sitting in front of the fan.


5 comments:

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I really like seeing all these beautiful quilts being made. I think the idea of using a single focus print (particularly one that might be difficult to use in small piecing) is great for this pattern.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

This quilt is great and will be cherished by the one who receives it!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That constant leaf print in the five inch square sure adds to the beauty of this quilt! Cheryl had a great idea and made a terrific top. Bummer about the heat pump. . .especially when we have some hot days! Glad you will be getting a new system installed shortly. I hope this repair doesn't set you back too far.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The single focus print really grounds this quilt. I'm sorry about your heat pump and glad there is a plan to get it fixed for you soon!

Kate said...

Hope the heat pump is fixed, it's too warm to not have cooling. The Two Step quilt turned out beautifully!

01 09 10