Sunday, July 14, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Quick Finish

 Last Sunday, I shared my process for starting a new scrappy strip quilt out of some leftover fabrics.


Today, I am ready to share the finished quilt!

I am really pleased with how it turned out.  I hope that it finds its way to some young teen.

This quilt measures about 55 x 70.



There are some great inspirational saying on some of the fabrics.



I used this fabulous striped fabric that Nann sent me long ago.  I love this fabric so I have been holding onto it until the perfect quilt came along.  I think I still have enough for another quilt.

Now that I finished this project, I am going to have to find some more scrappy bits that inspire my next donation quilt.  Not sure yet what that will be....

Maybe it is time to get out some orphan blocks!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
 Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


8 comments:

Chantal said...

It is so lovely. Glad to see that you can find time to have fun with scraps. Enjoy! ;^)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Lovely quilt! Those sayings are just what a teen needs. You are proving that just about any scraps can make a great quilt. Which makes me think about some stuff I have in the basement ... hmm... Thanks for the inspiration, and for Oh Scrap every week!

Cathy said...

Perfect for a teen!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That is a lovely finish! The back is perfect!

Bonnie said...

Very nice strippy quilt. It's a great way to use bits and pieces of WOF yardage. Except, I noticed how you made some smaller fabric become width of fabric. Brilliant.

Kate said...

A great quilt for a teen! That striped backing adds a lot of fun to the front. Congrats on a very fun finish.

Nann said...

I like the encouraging words in the quilt -- and so glad that striped fabric has found another home.

Carol Andrews said...

Cynthia your finished quilt is so lovely. Thanks for hosting us on your party

01 09 10