Friday, July 5, 2024

Some Two Step Finishes

 I have been receiving lots of Two Step blocks in the post so I have been busy making quilts from them.

Here are a few...

This one was sent as a quilt top by Holly.  There are so many pretty sunflower prints in this one.



Holly also sent some nice backing fabrics in her package.  Including this pretty pumpkin colored one.  I love it on the back of her quilt.  

If you are keeping track, this is Two Step quilt #2 and measures 46 x 64".


Lots of the blocks I receive have pretty leaf prints in the 5" square.  So I collected a bunch of them up and made Quilt #3.  When I quilted it, I did just a quick meander pattern.  These quilts have a lot going on so they don't need any fancy quilting.


Stephanie sent in these two brown leaf prints and I decided to use them both on the back.  They tie in real nice with the leaf theme on the front.

This quilt measures 51 x 60".


I get sent a lot of panels of all different colors and sizes.  This one I got a long time ago from Jean and tucked it away.  I love how it looks featured among these blocks in Two Step Quilt #4.  I used blocks with a brown square closest to the panel and then pulled some blocks with a green square for the outer edge.  It is subtle but I like the effect.

Karen sent in this dark backing.  It is a really dark olive and really pretty.

This quilt measure 51 x 68".

This fall colored block drive will be going on until about mid-August - when I would like all the blocks mailed.  I think this one will be really popular with the recipients.  Most of these quilts will be included in the August, September and October shipments.




Here are the blocks.  If you want to make some, you can find the instruction in this post.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!


4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are great quilts! I love the warm fall colors you've asked for. That panel block is perfect for the theme - great idea! I've made a few of these blocks - will get them in the mail to you next week.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The panel in quilt #4 works perfectly with the two step blocks. I love it when things work out like that!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Those blocks really DO make the loveliest scrappy quilts! Like you, I think these will be well received and what a perfect way to include a fall inspired panel.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Lovely quilts and a great use of the panel. The blocks accent it so well!

01 09 10