Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Finally, a lot to Share

Lots of quilts to share today.  Some of these tops are made by me but many have been donated by generous hearts.



First up is this cozy all flannel quilt.  I received a bunch of flannel bits, so I cut a bunch of it up into 6" squares.  Janet then decided on a pleasing layout for them.



Here is the back.  I don't have a huge stash of flannel fabric but I did have two that had an outdoor theme.  Neither were big enough but I made them work.  Local quilter Laura quilted this one up and sewed on the binding.

This one measures 48" x 66" and I think I will save this one for Bags of Love - an organization that helps kids in crisis.  It will be donated later this fall as it gets colder.



My local "picker" Deana found this quilt top at an estate sale and rescued it.  I really love when she finds these.  As a quilter, I would love that my unfinished projects get finished and donated.

This one measure 54 x 62" and was quilted by Kelly.



I had a great green hexi backing that Nancy donated.  I really wanted to use it but I had to change the direction of the print to make it work.  I still love it.

If you are curious about the crazy placement of some of these labels, I sew them on by machine after they are quilted.  I try and find a place where I can hide the stitching.  This one was hidden in one f the light squares.



I have had this quilt top by Kristi for a long time.  I kept grabbing fabric for its backing and it was either too small or way to big and better used on a larger quilt. So it sat in the pile for a really long time.

It measures about 42 x 50".



I sent it off to local longarmer Laura to be quilted and bound.



Karen sent in this fun motorcycle/skateboarding quilt top.

It measures 48 x 60".



Karen also sent in this great red backing.  Laura quilted and bound this one too. 
 I love the quilting pattern.


Here is one I sewed up. I lost track of who sent me a ton of pre-cut squares, but I sewed them all into 4 patches and Janet figured out a layout for them. 

I still have some 4 patches left so you should see a second quilt soon.



I used some leftover pieces on the back

This quilt measures 48" x 54".



This lovely top by Joni was quite large - and Janet is quite short so photos were difficult.  It has a fun sewing theme to all the prints.

It was at least 75" square.



On the back, I put a lovely blue fabric from the bolt someone generously drop shipped me.
This one has already been delivered to the hospital and I have no doubt it is already bringing comfort.





And lastly is this charming quilt. It came from Kelly already finished.

Kelly and I used to work at a quilt store together and had scrap quilt challenges all the time.  We would take turns choosing a traditional block and them each make a scrappy interpretation.
I miss those - they were so much fun!



Some fun flannel fabric on the back.  This one measures about 42 x 52".


I think that is all the photos that were hanging out in my phone.  This month, I will start to slowly build up kids quilts with flannel/fleece backings for donating this winter to Bags of Love.  They always have a hard time meeting needs during the holidays.  Last year we were able to donate 45 quilts.  I would love to double that this year!

The current Two Step block drive is going strong.  I appreciate all the fall colored fabric being included in your block packages.  I should have some finished quilts to share soon.

There is still plenty of time to make a few blocks if you want to help out.
If you want to read more about Many Hands and Many Hearts, I finally finished the website.  I had someone lined up to do it for free and they backed out on me, so I just buckled down and taught myself to do it.  It is just temporary until we get our 501(c)3 and then we can list our board members and discuss our mission and who we help.  Lots of work happening behind the scenes!



My faithful companion is always next to me every step of the way!






 

7 comments:

Lisa in Port Hope said...

What a beautiful collection of quilts. Thank you for those great work you are doing.

Chantal said...

Wonderful parade of quilts. I enjoyed seeing all the hard work you (and many others) do. Many different styles this time around but all are wonderful and will be appreciated by someone I'm sure. Bravo to everyone in the group. ;^)

MissPat said...

What a varied grouping of quilts, something for everyone. I've made 7 Two-Step blocks so far and have pieces cut for a bunch more. They're quick and easy to do.
Pat

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I hope your heating/cooling system is now up and running What an awesome parade of quilts. Hard for me to pick a favorite. . .it might have been the one you pieced the four patches and Janet did the layout.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So many great quilts - and each will comfort someone! What size quilts do you give to Bags of Hope? I might have one I could send. Happy 4th of July!

Vicki W said...

That's a great collection!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, I love all of these. What a delightful post!

01 09 10