Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Red White and Blue

I have been pulling out some of the Churn Dash blocks and making some quilts for deliveries in August and September.  These are the quilts for Veterans.



Churn Dash quilt #10 is this fun row quilt.  Local quilter Kelly finished this ne up for me.



Her quilting really shows up on the back - which was donated by Karen.

This quilt measures 60 x 66".



I put together this patchwork quilt made from some of the scraps from previous Veteran quilts.  I just cut 6" squares out of whatever I could.


Each square got a spiral quilted on it. The lovely blue backing really shows off the quilting.

This quilt measures 55 x 66".




For Churn Dash quilt #11, Janet pulled a bunch of red blocks and made this fun layout.  I just had to sew it all together.



She also chose this red backing fabric sent in by Karen.  My friend Penny even took this one home and bound it for me.

This quilt measures 60 x 72".



Here is the same layout with different color placement.  I think this layout is probably my favorite.



Three different fabrics were sewn together for the backing on Churn Dash quilt #12.  I think all of these fabrics came from Karen too.  She purged her patriotic fabric stash and sent a ton to Many Hands and Many Hearts.  It has been nice to be able to back these quilts with these bold patriotic prints.

This quilt also measures 60 x 72".


You might think you have seen this quilt before but it is another quilt top sent in by Mina.  I think she made three in this colorway.


The backing is actually about four pieces of all the same print.  Quite a few people sent me some of this fabric and I pieced a bunch of leftovers to make this back.  The paisley print hides the seams so well!

I think there are a few more Veteran quilts in the pipeline but these will keep my shelf full for now.   I should be back on Friday with a bunch more finishes.  Hope to "see" you then!

6 comments:

Holly in Indiana said...

What size squares and sashings is Mina using. I love these “wrapped presents blocks”

Vicki W said...

What a nice collection of veterans quilts!

Linda Swanekamp said...

All the finished quilts are really beautiful and the vets will adore having them.

Kate said...

All of them turned out beautifully! The quilting is really cool on all of them.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful finishes . . .every one of them! This time, they are ALL my favorites!

Maureen said...

My smile started with the first one and got bigger with each beauty after.😀

01 09 10