Friday, August 9, 2024

More Block Drive Finishes

Now that my space for Many Hands and Many Hearts is a little more organized, I am getting back to some of the blocks from the current and previous block drives.


Here is the 13th quilt from our two-step block drive.  The blocks for this quilt were pulled from a stack that ad more novelty prints in the 5" square.



We had to use this fun sunflower and cat faces print sent in by Dorothy for the backing.

This quilt measures 60 x 68".


Janet laid out these blocks for me.  Quilt #14 measures 51 x 68".



Stephanie sent in the lovely brown leaf print.  I had to add in a leftover bit from a previous back to make the piece big enough.



Now back to some Happy Blocks quilts.  Number 83 is all about bugs!




We are starting to back some of the kid quilts with warmer material like flannel in preparation for our annual big donation to Bags of Love.  So this one has a nice white flannel with small pink flowers.

This one measures 40" square.



Happy Quilt #84 has zoo animals.  Local quilter Cindy finished this one up for me. 



This backing fabric is so bright and happy!  It was donated by Carol.

This quilt also measures 40" square.



This quilt was not made from Happy Blocks sent in.  Instead, Mari made a bunch of quilt tops and sent them in to be part of the donation to Bags of Love later in the year.  I thought I had better start working on them.


A nice pink fabric also sent in by Dorothy went on the back. 


The quilt pipeline is flowing smoothly right now.  We do have some of the volunteers taking a few vacations soon so things might slow down a bit.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!



 

6 comments:

Kate said...

Those Happy Blocks do make some very happy quilts. Hopefully production doesn't slow down too much with the vacations.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Those are all lovely quilts. I adore fall colors, so they appeal to me. It's fun to see both you and Kat working the Fall ones at the same time! I'm also game to test out anything you've got coming up. It's been raining like cats and dogs for days now so sewing indoors is perfect!!

Libby in TN said...

Our young Devo gal is working hard to get her Happy Blocks quilt ready for the County Fair. I will take a picture for you.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love seeing those fun quilts made with the blocks everyone sends in. You and your helpers are doing amazing things, Cyndy. The happy blocks made with the owl print are a "hoot!" I had scraps of that print in my stash for years because I used it for a quilt backing - I may have finally used it all up!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great batch of quilts, Cyndy!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love seeing all the fronts AND backs of these generous quilts! And the quilting, too!!! Great job to all!

01 09 10