Sunday, August 4, 2024

Oh Scrap! : String Blocks

One of the things I did this week was to get out the RWB scraps and make a few string blocks.  I am making them 10.5" square.  




I also got out all the blocks I had made previously along with the ones that have been donated.  Coincidentally, I received more in the mail Friday.  Now I think I have more than enough for a string quilt and possibly enough to use as a border on another quilt I am working on.  You will just have to wait to see what that will look like!

String blocks are probably my favorite block to make.  What is yours?



*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
 

  Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly
 

4 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Your blocks look great, Cynthia! You have such a great assortment of patriotic fabric scraps!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wait and see??? I'm am. . .although not so patiently! I've a couple projects to finish and then I think it is time to play with strings as my string container is stuffed!!!!

Kate said...

Your string blocks look great. I'm not a fan of making string blocks, though I love the quilts they make. I don't really have a favorite block, they are all fun to make.

Annie said...

I really like that zig zag setting of those fabulous string blocks!

01 09 10