Friday, October 4, 2024

Jewel Box - First Quilt Finish and More

I had so many quilts to share this week but I just didn't have the energy to write up a blog post.  With it being Friday, I thought a special post was needed.  Today we have the first finish from the current block drive.  I also added a couple finishes from previous block drives.



Cheryl actually sent in this finished quilt top made from the Jewel Box blocks.  I love how she used just purple and green blocks.  The diagonal setting is nice too.



There could not have been a better backing than the fabric sent in by Nann. It really finished it off nicely!

This quilt measures 48" x 64".



Yes, we still have Happy blocs to sew together into quilts.  But this quilt top was sent in by Mari.  It is covered in bright frogs!



We had the perfect bright froggy backing for it (thanks to Karen).  This is number 95 for those curious of how many Happy Quilts we donated from that block drive.




And finally, here is the 20th quilt made from the previous Two Step block drive.  We have a few more to finish up before we reach the end of the blocks, Half of the back on this one is a tablecloth sent in by Sandy - I just trimmed the pumpkins off one side (and hopefully will use it in something else.) and added some leaf fabric sent in by Stephanie.  I think it turned out pretty cool!

Most of the quilts I still have to share are made from tops sent in or completed quilts.  They are all so different and pretty - so I know you still want to see them.  Hopefully next week won't be quite so busy and I can get the posts written.




The next block drive is already underway.  If you would like to make some Jewel Box blocks that will be made into donation quilts, you can read more about it in this post.  Thanks!



 

No comments:

01 09 10