Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Lots More Baby Quilts

Right now, I am filling the quilt pipeline with lots of quilts for kids.  I am also trying to get flannel, fleece, corduroy or minky on the backs of most of them.  Many Hands and Many Hearts make large seasonal donations to Bags of Love and they occur through the last three months of the year. 

 It is a busy time for us.




Chris is a friend of mine and recently gave me nineteen quilt tops for kids.  I have been busy getting them all finished up. This little one is super fun.  The backing for this one came out of my personal stash.  Happy to see it gone!

Local longarm quiller Cindy did her magic on this one. This quilt measures 38" square.




Chris also made this little quilt top.  She has been trying to use up some of her scraps and older fabrics.  I really didn't have any donated fabrics that were perfect for this one, but I knew I had some old, hoarded pieces in my stash.  I sent this one off to local quilter Cindy who did an awesome job on the quilting.

This quilt measures about 40" square.






This is one of Chris' go-to patterns.  She donated quite a few of these "pinwheel" quilt tops.

I asked Cindy to quilt this one up too.  These two make a great team!

This quilt measures 37 x 46".




Laura sent me this sock monkey quilt top.  She actually suggested I just use it for a backing but I thought it would make a cute quilt top.  Plus, in here package was a fabric that she used on the quilt top that was just big enough for the backing.

This quilt measures about 36" x 46".
 




Local friend Penny made this cute all flannel quilt top.  She also supplied the flannel backing.  She has been using up all of her flannel stash and scraps making small quilts for us.  
This quilt measures about 46" square.




Mari made this car themed happy blocks quilt top.  I think she donated a total of 5 Happy Block quilt tops.  I think this is the last to be completed.  Many have already been donated.

We were donated a huge amount of this Cars fabric from Kelly and her sister.  I contemplated whether it was directional and decided to just use it in the most economical way. At least Tow Mater is right side up.  This quilt measures 34" x 42".





We have one more little patchwork quilt top made by Chris.  I was challenged to find a backing for this one - I had this corduroy kid's print that went perfectly but was at first hesitant to use it.  It just went with it so well; I went for it.  Thanks, Stephanie, for sending it.

This quilt measures 42" square.




Remember the big shipment of fabric and quilt tops that came from Kristin?  This is the first quilt top to make it through the pipeline.  Love the bright colors!  The pink flannel backing came from Kristin also.

I will have more quilts to share later this week.  Janet took a little vacation, so photos have been a little backed up.  But we should be caught up soon!

Hope you are having a nice week.



No comments:

01 09 10