Friday, October 25, 2024

More Finishes from Last Week

This has been one busy week for me!  I can't believe it is Friday already.

I have some fun finishes to share today...



Check out this lovely scrappy quilt!  Priscilla made the blocks and my friend Penny sewed them into a top.  Does the block look familiar?  It is the current block drive design but the HSTs are rotated. Holly sent in this backing fabric.  I love it more every time I look at it. Up close it is blue and brown and purple.  Back away and it is a stunner!  Oh yeah, my friend Kelly quilted it and my friend Chris sewed on the binding.

64" x 72"

 I love a good scrap quilt!



Many Hands and Many Hearts does not usually accept sport team quilts - unless they are the Oregon Ducks or the OSU Beavers.  I am sure this one will be loved.  It will be going to Bags of Love for an older child.

My friend Chris was the one who donated this quilt top and Penny sewed on the binding.  When I received this bright yellow fabric from Karen I thought, that will be hard to find a quilt top for....it was perfect for this quilt!



Recognize these blocks?  Yep, Holly sent in some assembled quilt tops along with her block contributions.  I love the layout she chose for all those pretty turquoise blocks.  This quilt is the second quilt we have made from this current block drive.  The third one is the quilt below.

Holly also sent in the backing fabric for this one.  This quilt measures 50" square.



Holly must have had a lot of turquoise bits in her stash because she also sent in this lovely quilt top.  For this layout, she just added some sashing to her blocks.  On the back, we were able to use up some turquoise flannel bits we had.  making this quilt super soft and cuddly.

This quilt measures 38" x 56".




There is still lots of time to make some Jewel Blocks if you want to participate in the block drive.  All of the quilts made will be donated.  We appreciate the support!

You can read more about the block drive here.

(A huge thanks to all of you that already sent in some blocks.  We are just starting to assemble them into quilt tops.  You should be seeing lots more finishes soon!


 

1 comment:

Kate said...

Very fun quilts! I didn't think of a star layout for those Jewel blocks, that's a really fun layout.

01 09 10