Monday, October 7, 2024

Some Veteran Finishes

 Right now, we don't donate a lot of Veteran quilts (but I hope to change that in the future) so I just make sure a couple get finished every month.



This one was made by my good friend Jeanne.  The panel and the eagle fabric were all donated some time ago. 

This quilt measures about 60 x 72".





This wonderful quilt was made from scraps (the 6" alternate blocks) and 4-patches from our Churn Dash drive.  Someone had sent in a ton of the colonial blue and cream 4-patches.    I really wanted to showcase them in their own quilt.  Any large chunks of patriotic leftovers get cut into 6.5" and 5" squares.  So it was easy for me to grab a stack of the 6.5" squares and alternate them with the 4-patches.  I put them in a bag and Penny arranged them in the design above.  She also sewed them into a quilt top.

We now have enough Veteran quilts for our October deliveries.  I will start to plant the seeds for a few more quilts that should be completed for our November deliveries.  And so it goes.....





No comments:

01 09 10