Friday, October 18, 2024

With Help from Friends

It is amazing how many people volunteer their time or materials to make all these donation quilts happen.  I appreciate all of you!




This lovely quilt top is one that Linda (and her mom Margie) donated quite a while ago.  The longarm quilter I was sending their quilts to kept having emergencies.  So now they are going to Laura - who does a beautiful job on them.

The backing came from Holly.  It reminds me of striped awning fabric - perfect for this beach quilt.




This quilt top also came from Linda/Margie.  The fabrics are all knitting themed.  Laura quilted it up with a fancy swirl design.  The backing was sent by Kat.   I was having a hard time finding the right backing for this one, so it sat for a bit too.





Irene sent in this quilt top.  I think it is made from 10" squares (layercake).  I love how it turned out and I plan on "stealing" this idea for some coordinating leftovers I have.

On the back, I used some leftover backing fabrics that Cyndy and Stephanie sent in.  Both of these prints were used on previous quilts.  It feels good to find a home for the rest.




Lastly, my friend Jeanne made this quilt top from a panel she bought long ago and is now questioning her purchase.  She dug around in her stash and created this fun quilt.  She also was able to come up with a backing.

 All of these quilts are going to be well received.  The next big deliveries will happen the last week of October - until then, we just keep stacking them up!


No comments:

01 09 10