Sunday, August 16, 2026

Oh Scrap! : Sew Day Prep

 This last week spun by in a blur!  I know I got a lot accomplished.  We had a board meeting, I met new longarm quilter Phyllis and exchanged some quilt kits, I checked in lots of fabric, kits and blocks, and I finally updated the blog.

But I spent the most time preparing for our upcoming Sew Day on the 10th of September.  

(I will have more information in the upcoming newsletter.)



Whenever we have a local Sew Day, I always go to our scrap stash and see what we have to most of - this time it is Autumn and florals. Our solid stash is overflowing also.  I chose a really easy block that uses both, and I have started all the cutting and kit building. I sorted the fabrics into alike colors and then chose a coordinating solid. A huge thanks to Marci and Karen for helping out by sending some pre-cut parts.  I am not planning for a huge crowd, but I sure don't want to run out!

It felt good to use all these scraps!


Kristin also sent another shipment of quilt kits.  I think there were a total of 25 tops all tied up with the backing and the binding.  There were a great combination of adult and kid quilts!

I had better get quilting!

*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
 Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly



No comments:

01 09 10