Sunday, October 4, 2026

Oh Scrap! : Block Drive Finishes

Yes, here I am after a long absence.  Sorry about that.  Truthfully, I get so focused on other projects that I forget to post here.  It looks like I even missed Oh Scrap! las Sunday.  I could sure use a clone of myself to get everything done that has been on my list lately.  Every day is full on crazy!

I think it has been a while since I shared some finishes from past block drives.  Many of our blocks are buried in totes and difficult to get to due to lack of space.  But a few quilts do make it through occasionally.  Some of these I am sharing today came from tops sent in using the block idea.  I think it is always fun to see examples of different layouts.


 

This pretty purple heart quilt was made from a block drive.  Most of the quilts have a red or a pink heart.  But we did plan for a few with a purple heart.  Charlene assembled these blocks up for us and then it went out to Terry for her amazing quilting.  The backing was made from a bunch of leftovers from previous backs.  I think we are about halfway through these blocks.  I might have to make these again in the future - I know they are very popular with our recipients.


This lovely quilt was made using the Color Block Star block.  Diann (I think) sent in this quilt top and Terry quilted this one up too.  Tina sent us the fun dolphin batik we used for the backing. We have used it on a number of quilts.




This colorful quilt was made from some of the Color Block Stars from our block drive.  Sophia grabbed the blocks from this drive so her girls could sort them into colors for us.  While she had them, she assembled up a few into quilt tops.  This is a rainbow one she made.  Then Gloria quilted it for us.  Not sure where the backing came from, but this bright plaid was perfect.




Here is a quilt made from the Potato Chip blocks.  Sue sent us this completed quilt.  I love the diagonal grid quilting she applied.  And the wild and colorful backing is perfect.




Cheryl sent in this quilt top using Happy Blocks.  I love the vertical sashing she added between the blocks.  The theme is the ocean, so we had to add colorful fishes on the back.  Wanda quilted big bubbles on it.



Wanda also quilted this quilt with the Happy Block on point.  Cheryl sent in this quilt top too. On the front are prints of different animals so we added a hedgehog print sent in by Jeanine.  We have a lot of kid quilts going out this time of year, so all these bright happy quilts are perfect.



And finally, we have another Color Block Star quilt.  Cheryl also made this quilt top.  I have been waiting for just the right quilt for this fluorescent pink and purple backing sent in by Denice.  Longarm Quilter Laura finished it up beautifully.

Before I forget, we received a huge box using the GiveBack Box and it had no information on the inside on a sender.  There were about 20 completed quilt tops and some fabric in it.  Please claim it if it was from you.  I would like to get you a receipt and a thank you!

****************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
 Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly



The new block drive has been released.  I have decided to call these Friendship Bracelet blocks.  Thanks, Deanna, for suggesting the name. This drive runs until the end of November so there is lots of time to join in.  You can read more about it in this post.

 


No comments:

01 09 10