Ah September...you are flying by so very quickly! With my customer quilting backlog taking up most of my time, I am just not getting into my sewing room this month as I had hoped. I did make progress on this month's Scrap-A-Palooza quilt however!
In last week's post, I shared the process for making these blocks out of my leftover binding pieces (or 2 1/2" strips of fabric). These blocks really only take a few minutes to sew up. In each block, I paired a solid fabric with a print - as long as it was green or blue, it went into the quilt.
As each block was sewn, I just added it to my design wall. I like to start looking at the layout on my scrap quilts before I finish all the blocks. This allows me to focus on making the last blocks in the colors I need to balance out the quilt a bit.
For this quilt, I identified three types of blocks that stood out and needed moving a bit. The bright turquoise, lime green and the lighter blocks. I decided I needed to sew one more bright turquoise block and that I didn't like the lighter blocks toward the center of the quilt (so they were moved to the outer border). I also moved a couple of lime green blocks around. With just those minor changes, I started joining together the blocks.
Here is the final layout all sewn up. To think these blocks all came from leftover binding pieces...
It is even prettier in the sunlight!
Now to get it quilted up. I am off to find some fabrics for the backing. With so many colors, I know I will have something in my stash!
I Scrap-A-Palooza because Quilting is more fun than Housework!
If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!