Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Little Letters - Quilt #2 Finish

With all of my clients' Christmas quilts finished and delivered, I am finally finding some time to spend in my sewing room.  In an effort to finish up as many projects as I can before the end of the year, I am trying to focus on a single quilt and finish it to completion.




My regular readers know I have been working on three separate quilts of Little Letters (found at Temecula Quilts).  The first one I completed a few weeks ago.  I am happy to say the second one is now finished and ready for a home.




This one was also made from the scrap bin.  I restricted the scrap colors to soft blues and greens and the background is various white or white on white prints.




I initially had plans to just use a white for the outside border but I found myself with still a number of small scraps in these colors so I decided to just go ahead and frame up the quilt with a scrappy piano key border.   This choice also helped to make my decision on what color to use in the cornerstones.




You gotta admit this one turned out pretty cute!
 



My final set of Little Letters to get sewn up into a quilt I knew would be my most challenging.  There was really no rhyme or reason as to the fabrics I chose.  I simply wanted to use scraps and needed a light and a dark for each blocks.  I am really going to have to put my thinking cap on to come up with a fun plan.  It will be my Christmas holiday project!

Craftsy

I am looking forward to a nice quiet holiday with lots of much needed rest.  I hope all of you are able to spend your holidays doing what you love! 

If you do find yourself with a bit of free time, consider downlaoding a Craftsy class.  Classes are all on sale right now at a great price!




If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 
Linking up:

18 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Your Little Letters is so sweet. Great colors and I love the piano keys border. Congrats on the finish!

Stitchin At Home said...

Adorable!

PaintedThread said...

That quilt is really pretty. I like all the shades of green.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The second finished letters quilt is lovely, and good luck coming up with a plan for the last one. Merry Christmas, and I hope you enjoy your holiday!

Vicki in MN said...

I love your blue letters quilt-and I love that you did that border-just what it needed IMHO!
Merry Christmas.

Sandra Walker said...

Love love love the blue and green quilt. But you knew that, right?! The last one is going to be so happy and bright!!

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

I'd missed your first one. These are both great! I love the border on this one. I'm really hoping to crank out some finishes on my two ABCs quilts by the end of the year.

Kathy S. said...

The piano key border really makes the Little Letters quilt. Great choice!!! Very nice on the quilting too. Another great finish.

gibbygoo56 said...

Love the blue and green letter quilt. Merry Christmas!

Maryse said...

What a lovely quilt! It's a really nice pattern. Merry Christmas!

Claire said...

I've already been inspired to cut up my scraps into usable size pieces; now you inspire me to sort them into great colorways. Love the aqua/green combo with piano key border. And though the randomness of the next one is challenging, I think you can make it turn out great as well.

Lorna McMahon said...

Your Little Letters quilt turned out very cute. Love the addition of the piano key borders. Visiting your blog this year has been a pleasure and I am glad to count you as a friend. Looking forward to spending the New Year with you. 2015 is going to be awesome! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

Jasmine said...

I love the border and your cornerstones. Great choice for a beautiful finish. Hope your holiday was as good as you imagined.

Michele said...

Very nice and I love the color palette.

DianeLoves2Quilt said...

I just noticed how you made 26 into 28 with two filler blocks. They fit right in! Oh, wait! There are four filler blocks. You are a master of camouflage! Love the blues and greens and piano key border is just right. Really cute quilt.

Michelle said...

Three of them?! I was proud of myself for finishing one! :-) I love yours with the piano key border.

Anonymous said...

I thought it looked familiar--and then I saw my comment from when you first posted. I still like it. Today I'm visiting from Val's Tuesday Archives.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

What did ya end up doing with these. It was such a fun sew along huh!!

01 09 10