Last week I shared the offset log cabin block I was going to use for the newest Scrap-A-Palooza quilt. Last night I finally finished sewing up all of the blocks in the 9 colors I have planned for this quilt. I made four blocks of each color.
This is really the first quilt where I have explored a scrappy low volume background. In the past, I have always used very safe prints together like white on white or all light gray prints. While I am still keeping this one subdued, it has been fun stretching my wings a bit.
One of the questions I get asked fairly often is into what what colors do I sort my scraps. These blocks represent 9 of the 12 colors. I like to sort out turquoise from blue and lime from green. Add bins for brown, black and low volume and these are my 12 color bins.
Now for you to share your scrappy projects. I hope we some some Scrap Vortex posts. I forgot to take a photo with my camera but I will share mine later this week.
Here are the details for linking up with Oh Scrap!:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt
Cooking Up Quilts