Friday, June 12, 2015

Another Quilt Roundup!

 I thought I would share some of the quilts I have seen recently using my Life is a Highway pattern.  It is always a pleasure when my clients bring me the tops for me to quilt them!



First up is actually the initial quilt I made using a Road 15 (by Sweetwater) jellyroll.  No border on this one - it uses an entire jellyroll leaving just a bit of the selvages.  No waste or scraps with this pattern!



I finally finished sewing on the last bit of the binding a few night ago.   I used a tree fabric I had in my stash for the backing.  The colors were perfect!




Here is a colorful small quilt made with strips pulled from someone's stash and scrap bin.  It is so happy!  This one was made following the modifications in the pattern to make a 40" x 54" baby quilt.




And this lovely one is made using a Juggling Summer by Zen Chic jelly roll.  As you can see, this quilt has a border to frame it all up nicely.




And in case you missed it, here is one I made using a Feed Company (Also by Sweetwater) jelly roll.  
I absolutely adore the plaid border! 

Happy Friday!!

Linking Up:

Crazy Mom Quilts






8 comments:

Pedal Sew Lightly said...

Thanks for sharing your cute pattern. Looks like a great choice for a fast finish or working with a newbie quilter. Plus it is guy friendly. That's always a biggie in my life. I'm a mom of boys and our guild is making quilts for our local VA hospital. I seem to have the need to make more masculine than feminine quilts!

Jasmine said...

So much fun seeing this in different colors. I love the one with the red border. :) What a fun design.

Terri said...

I think that's the first quilt I've seen with a plaid border. I like it. Thanks for sharing these pictures.
Hugs

Helen in the UK said...

Love the simplicity of the design here. The baby version is a great way to use up partial jelly rolls or strips from stash. Congrats to all :)

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Such an effective pattern; it looks fantastic in any colour-way!

Jayne said...

Love seeing how different each one is. It is a fabulous pattern and could work for any fabric perfectly!

Lara B. said...

I really love seeing all the variations on your pattern Cyndy! How different they each look!

M-R Charbonneau said...

So cool to see the variations with the fabrics -- you have been so productive! Wow! That plaid border frames it so beautifully too.

01 09 10