When I saw that the color brown was chosen for So Scrappy's Rainbow Scrap Challenge for the month of October, my initial reaction was "I'm not putting brown in my quilt!" But after thinking about it for a few days, I decided to open my mind a bit and see what happens. I know it would certainly be nice to use up some of my brown scraps!
Even though I finished up one quilt using this block, I have been sewing more and have just about enough for a second quilt. I picked out some warm browns and made a few to put in the quilt. I don't think they are going to look too bad either!
I have been using and loving my AccuQuilt Studio 2 Fabric Cutter - especially the 2 1/2" square die. I can just pile on scrappy chunks and with a few cranks on the machine, I can have a big stack of perfect squares. It worked great for this block.
One thing I did do on this die was to mark some lines where the blades are to help guide me where to lay the fabric. I used a silver gel pen and it worked beautifully. I find I don't have as many miscuts now due to poor fabric alignment.
What about you - Have you been sewing with scraps this week?
Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!