Happy Valentine's Day!
You are probably expecting a post full of the color red, but the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for February is brown. (Insert sad face.) Last year, this color showed up at the end of the year in the fall and because I finished up my RSC15 in October, I already have blocks made in this color.
To remind all of you, I am making chain blocks and little piglets for 2016. Here is what I have finished so far.
Sewing with brown scraps in the spring was a bit tougher. With all the rain we have been getting, we are knee deep in mud around here. Thick, squishy, dark brown mud.
I hope March is a bright happy color!
I did dig through my (many) brown scraps and made the 12 Patience blocks for my RSC sampler. I bet some of these scraps have been hiding away in the bin for over a decade!
Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)
So Scrappy for RSC16