Have you heard about the Hands2Help Challenge hosted by Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict? It is going on right now and already over 95 quilters have signed up to make quilts for three great charity organizations - two in the US and one in Canada.
Are you on the list?
I am all signed up to participate this year and hope to make some quilts for both Covered in Love and for Happy Chemo. I certainly have scraps...I have lots of inspiration from every Sunday post...now all I need is to get sewing!
Remember this basket of scraps destined to become quilts?
I grabbed the biggest bag first and discovered it was filled with all of my flannel and brushed cotton scraps. Not exactly how I wanted to start out but I know there is a quilt in there someplace.
I started sorting them a bit and found a few orphan blocks and some similar cut sizes. As I was sorting, I also identified I really had two colorways going on. I pulled out lots of plaids in warm medium shades...
...which I soon realized would leave me with a lot of buttery brushed cottons.
I will be using all of these fabrics to remake one of my Scrap-A-Palooza designs for Hands2Help. I just haven't decided if it will be one large or two small quilts. You will just have to wait until I share the finish photos to see which direction I went!
If you haven't signed up for H2H yet, you can still participate in the event. If you need some ideas for a quick quilt, check out my Scrap-A-Palooza gallery. Almost all of the designs are quick to sew and all can be done with scraps or stash fabric. You can also try and adopt a project to finish and donate from the Quilty Orphan Adoption event. There are some great things up for adoption this year and all would make some great donation quilts.
Time to see what scrap projects you are working on!
Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)