With the exception of one crazy rainstorm (that I liked to think was doves crying), our springtime has been beautiful! But I am not talking about Spring in this post - I am talkin' about Strings!
For about 6 months now, I have had a plastic tub next to my cutting table where I have been tossing all the neutral colored strings and scrappy bits that I came across. In it there are lots of browns, tans, creams and grays. It is almost over-flowing so I think it is time I turned these into a string quilt.
So this weekend, I cut some muslin foundations so I can get started on some string blocks. I am using the same technique I shared for the Scrap-A-Palooza quilt I made back in August of 2014.
Lots of mindless sewing is in my future! How about you?
Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)