Sunday, November 6, 2016

Oh Scrap! : Charming Plus Quilt Top



I was able to spend quite a bit of time sewing this weekend so look what I was able to finish up!  My Charming Plus blocks are now a quilt top and waiting to get quilted. Due to some poor lighting and shadows, a number of the greens look a bit yellow but you will just need to trust me that the colors are very bright and happy.  This time of year the rain breaks are short and my yard is mostly mud. 
Photos are always challenging!




But I did capture these pretty fall hues.  The colors of my Fire Glow barberry are stunning and all of my beauty berries are really putting on a show this year.!

  *******************************

Time to share what you are making with your scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







Follow Me on Bloglovin'          Follow me thru Email          Follow me on Feedly


Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)

13 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the colors in your plus quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is really pretty, Cyndy! I like the turquoise, green, and yellow with the black and white backgrounds. Good to know it went together easily. I'm hoping to get going on mine this week.

PaulaB quilts said...

Thanks for the fall color photos. I have not seen barberry and beauty berry since I left WA almost ten years ago. The plants are so different here. It makes me homesick for my garden and all my irises.

Laundered Cotton said...

Thanks so much for the linkup.

Jennifer said...

I love your color choices; you've got a great quilt there! I'm still piecing along steadily, but with the arrival of my first grandchild the end of this week, it's been slowing me down. HA! (loving every minute of it so far...)

Run 'n Stitch said...

I love your scrappy quilt. I just cut out my first plus quilt and sewed the blocks together. I can see why this is a popular pattern. It goes together pretty quickly and looks marvelous darling.

Barb Neiwert said...

Your quilt makes a person smile! And those flower and berries are absolutely gorgeous! I've never seen purple berries quite like that before.

Marly said...

This is a lovely quilt; the colours are beautiful together.

Bernie Kringel said...

Great fall foilage pictures - I haven't heard of 'beauty berries' but the name describes them well. Gorgeous.

Kate said...

Lots of bright and fun fabrics. Very pretty. (I like your hangers).

Jasmine said...

Darling quilt. It looks great on your outdoor quilt holder. ;)

em's scrapbag said...

Your plus quilt looks great. It's hard to get good pictures this time of year.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, I really like your plus quilt top. The yellow, blue and green really look great.

01 09 10