Sunday, January 20, 2019

Oh Scrap! : More RSC Blocks

I was so happy to read that Red was the RSC color for January.  I also couldn't wait to get back to making blocks for my Garden Sampler quilt.



Last year, I had already made a juicy red strawberry.  It was the first block I made for this quilt - just to try the concept out.




This last week, I added in a squat tomato.  I used 2.5" squares on this one.



I also made three little apples out of 1.5" squares.  I had seen this "eaten" apple somewhere and tucked away in my brain.  I thought it would make a cute addition.



Here are all of my blocks to date (in no particular order).  So far, I have made red, orange, blue and green blocks.  It is fun to think what I might be sewing next month!

*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 


Linking Up:
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy

20 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is fun trying to clear out scraps - it makes projects so interesting!

Ellie said...

This is going to be such a fun quilt! Do you think you might publish a pattern? I’d love to make one!

maggie fellow said...

I adore your garden quilt and look so forward to watching it grow

Libby in TN said...

Your garden is looking delicious. Love the eaten apple!

Jayne said...

The addition of your tomato and mini apples are perfect! I'm still smitten with those carrots and was happy to see them again too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are the cutest blocks! I love the apples!

Judy in Missouri said...

Loving your Garden Sampler!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The apple core block is so fun. :)

Turid said...

Lovely blocks you've made. Maybe I should try a tomato?

Karen's Korner said...

What a delicious looking garden. Love the half eaten apple.

Cathy said...

Love how your Garden is growing!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

What a cute strawberry. All your blocks look great.

Jo said...

You need some bananas or grapes now.

Louise said...

That "eaten" apple makes me smile! This is going to be such a fun quilt!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I wish I could piece like you Cynthia...your postage stamp blocks and these wonderful garden blocks. I think this is going to be a wonderful hanging and remembering and including the eaten apple is inspired.

KatieQ said...

The blocks look wonderful. Most quilts that use scraps do not look so well planned. It's going to be wonderful when it's finished.

Emily said...

That eaten apple is so fun! This is going to be such a great quilt, I can't wait to see all your garden harvest together!

Miaismine said...

Your blocks are so fun - especially that eaten apple! It reminds me of my grandbabies! Thank you for sharing!

Kate said...

The garden quilt is coming together beautifully. Love all the blocks you've made for it.

Lisa S. said...

I love your garden sampler quilt!

01 09 10