Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Another Trade Opportunity

I have decided that this year, I am going to clean out a lot of my stash.  Some of it might be sold, some might be cut up into scraps and some might be traded.

Today, I have a stack of fabric I am hoping to trade.



After finishing my recent fish quilt, I have decided to purge the rest of the fabric I collected.  There is a pound and 12 oz of fabric here (I think that is about 5 yards).  I know there is at least one piece that is a yard cut and a few half yard cuts.  There are fish, lures, river rocks, basket weave - all would go together beautifully in a quilt.



I really don't need any more yardage but what I do need is scraps!  (I hear some of you laughing!)  I am hoping someone has an abundance of bright turquoise and aqua scraps and would rather have fish yardage.  I have plenty of dark teal so I need the scraps to be like the tones in the photo.



I realize someone may not have an abundance of the blue, so you can add in some shades of lime if you want to offload those too.

So do I have a taker?  If you are interested, check your scrap bins and see what you have.  Then either leave me a comment here on the blog or email me at my gmail account cynthiabdesigns and let me know what you have to trade. (Just make sure I can get back ahold of you.  I cannot always respond back to commenters based on how they have their account set up.)  I will give folks until 5 pm Thursday to let me know they are interested.  If I have more than one taker, I will put names in a hat.

And sadly, I am going to limit this to US only.  I just don't have the extra funds for the expensive postage.  Sorry.

Enjoy your week!


11 comments:

Kat said...

Cynthia, what a great idea! I have some of that fish fabric, bought with good intentions! I am trying not to buy fabric as I went a bit overboard last year. I would be happy to send you a few scraps, I’ll pay postage, just as a RAQK (random act of quilty kindness) and a thank you for hosting the link ups! 🇨🇦😊🇨🇦

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am trying to clean up a bit like you are. Good luck on getting rid of your fish - novelty prints are not something I like to work with. Postage is getting so high it is crazy -

Linda Swanekamp said...

Keep me posted what you need. I have a huge stash of scraps that are in my garage (unheated) that are under the son's furniture because he has been having an addtition done. Soon, the furniture will be out and I can resume scrap sorting. If I know what you need I will ever so glad to send them, don't even need a trade, just someone using the scraps.

Crystal_235 said...

I would love the fish fabric, but sadly I don't have the color you need.

Sally Trude said...

If you send me your address I'll send you turquoise and lime scraps...I have lots. I might even send you that half of my Bonnie Hunter mystery. That said, I don't need more fish fabric. So you might send the fish fabric to someone who wants it and I'll provide the scraps...a pay it forward kind of thing...

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Trading fabric is an awesome idea. Good luck.

Louise said...

I'd love to have your fish scraps! I have a small stash of those myself, and like to use them for wheelchair quilts. I figure there's always a fisherman out there who could use a fun quilt while in a nursing home. I've got plenty of aqua scraps and fat quarters to trade, and probably could scare up some lime green, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds like you are set. Lucky thing! I can't spare any scraps in that color combo, due to an upcoming quilt gift. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you will be making.

Jayne said...

What a brilliant idea! There are plenty of takers on your offer! I think you may have just started a ne 'thing'!

Bernie Kringel said...

this is such a great idea Cynthia!! How great to move fabric you are done with and get fabric you need. Totally a win-win!!

sewspeciallady said...

I would exchange the fish for the aqua and turquoise scraps. I bought too many for Bonnie Hunter Mystery last year and want to make a Cabin Quilt for Son for at the lake. sewspeciallady@yahoo.com
Thank you for a chance if you have to draw
Sewpiecefully
Lorri2R in Iowa

01 09 10