Sunday, March 10, 2019

Oh Scrap! : Green Blocks

This week I found a bit of time to work on blocks for all three of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts.





The color for March is green so first I pulled some lime green scraps and made a zigzag block.  I already have a teal green and dark green block so I needed just this one for this project.




I also made another half log cabin block in lots of shades of green.  I think that brings the total green blocks up to four.  When I started this project, I told myself I had to put at least one of my undesirable scraps in each block.  I went overboard on this block - I think there is only one that I like!

Not my favorite block, but I know it will get lost amongst the other blocks.



And finally I finished up a 7" pear for my garden quilt.
I also want to make a little peapod block but I am still in the design stage.  So hopefully by next Sunday, I will have that block to share.

Now, what about you - what are you making with your scraps?

*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework












Linking Up:



14 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your greens look so bright and cheery on a dreary day. Happy Stitching!

chrisknits said...

I will take all of those greens you dislike! I love them! But then, I love all shades of green, except maybe camp. LOL! Beautiful blocks!

Turid said...

I had to take a pear to celebrate your beautiful pear block.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your pear is just great! I'm following along as you finish your zigzag blocks and put them into a quilt top - I need some inspiration for how I'll put mine together!

Jayne said...

You are getting so clever with your garden blocks! I love the pear! I'm getting so excited to see this quilt when it's finished!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty blocks, I love the pear!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we need the yards to start turning green for sure - they are beginning to but spring still needs to get busy here - love your block

Sara said...

The zig zag block is especially fun. I may have to add that to my scrap block repertoir.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That pear is adorable! There is nothing undesirable about the undesirable block.

Ellie said...

Your pear is so cute! I really like your log cabin too.

scraphappy said...

What a sweet pear. Looking forward to seeing the pea pod too. Glad that you are using up the uglies. They will all blend in the end. Best of all, they will be gone from the stash.

Denise said...

Your pear block is so cute.Thank you for the linky party.

Lori said...

Love green blocks! Go Fruits!

I cut most my small scraps into 5" squares and 3.5x6.5" bricks. 2.5" squares. There are always scrap quilts in progress at my house.

Emily said...

That pear is too cute!!!!

01 09 10