Friday, April 24, 2015

Fun Quilts to Share

Being a longarm quilter, I get to see some awesome quilts and I thought I would share a few recent client quilts that really caught my eye.



A beautiful Gypsy Wife quilt - So much scrappy goodness!  I love that I get to be a part of a quilt like this that I will probably never sew myself.



 I quilted horizontal lines at irregular width around various blocks where I did some custom detail.




I fell in love with this variation of a drunkard's path block.   I did add this pattern to my own quilty bucket list after working on this one.  What is one more project!




 I just echo stitched and added in some swirls.  My quilt will not be this large, I am not a fan of sewing curves so I cannot imagine me sticking with these blocks for long.  But I sure love the look of it!




And there was this beauty.  This is just one corner of the quilt as it was too big to photograph. The applique on this one was done beautifully and the piecing was perfect.
 


 Lots of detail quilting on this one.  It was made entirely from batiks and the colors just glowed!

So as you can see, I have been spending long hours at my machine lately.  I still have a number of other big quilts to work through so I will be sharing more in the future.
  I have the Best. Job. Ever.




If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 
 
Linking up:

21 comments:

Terri said...

Those are beauties. Love the quilting, too. You did some fancy work on this last one.
Hugs

Liz said...

Looks like you've been busy. Your quilting is beautiful!

em's scrapbag said...

Beautiful quilts. I have always loved the Gypsy Wife quilt.

Jasmine said...

So pretty! I really like how you quilted on the rings. It makes them look like gems.

sonia said...

Your job is good and your work is amazing ! Congrats on so many amazing quilts!

Doris said...

What a stunning quilt, the applique just sings!

Marly said...

They are all so beautiful, but the Drunkard's Path quilt is my favourite. I love the way you outlined the units with the quilting. This layout always reminds me of a French formal garden and now the gravel is raked as well. Tops!

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

Wow these quilts are stunning. My favourite is the last one but I do love batiks.

Vera said...

Neat. You have a fun job for sure!

Kathleen said...

Stunning work, both piecing and quilting.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The drunkard's path quilt is stunning! I don't blame you for adding it to your bucket list!

Kathy S. said...

Gorgeous quilting on all -- as always. I LOVE what you did on all of them.

Michele said...

They all look great. And I'm with you on the curves avoidance though I am considering trying one of the patterns by Sew Kind of Wonderful.

Barb Neiwert said...

Thanks for sharing your pretties! You have some very talented clients and I can see why they bring their quilts to you - exceptional workmanship!!!

Lara B. said...

Your quilting is amazing Cyndy and I can see why people who poured so much into making a beautiful quilt would choose you.

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

These quilts are lovely. So fun to see your quilting work on them. Thank you for sharing and for linking up with me for TGIFF.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh I so enjoyed looking at all the details and inspiration included in this post Cnythia. I so appreciate seeing your quilting work. It's hard to pick a favorite among these...but those batiks do shine don't they. And your quilting work accents eachone perfectly!

Unknown said...

That drunkard's path is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Sandra Walker said...

That batik one---drop dead gorgeous. I really studied the photo for a while. I'd be very nervous to quilt quilts of this calibre; clearly the makers know they are leaving them with an expert! Do you use rulers to do the straight lines? I'm still having trouble getting used to using them with the longarm.

Anonymous said...

Love the drunkard's path quilt! I kept thinking I will make one, but I agree with you... not sure how long I would stick with it. Great job with all of your quilting!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hey Cyn! Thanks for rejuvinating this one under our ruler theme...it's sure to help and inpsire.

01 09 10