Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Quilty 365 - February Blocks

It is the first of March so that means Audrey at Quilty Folk is ready for us to link up our Febraury Quilty 365 progress.

Remember, my blocks capture a 7 day week with Sunday being the top half of the HST, Monday through Friday are the circles and Saturday is the bottom half of the HST.


The first week: On Sunday I recovered my ironing board, Monday was grocery shopping (I am still trying to embrace more fresh veggies), Tuesday was a haircut (so much gray!).  Thursday I used a piece of fabric from an entire quilt I sewed all the blocks only to decide I didn't like the color.  By Saturday, I had purchased and resewn another entire set of blocks in navy blue fabrics.



Week 2:  The red and turquoise prints are from two quilts I finished and Tuesday was a beautiful sunny day.  The rest of the fabrics are just some I liked as I sorted through some scraps.



Week 3: This week I started working on a new Scrap-A-Palooza quilt.  I pulled some old stash fabric for a March OMG project.  I spent two days trying to lure a squirrel out of my fireplace and though I am a little late, I wanted to capture that this is the year of the Monkey. (Okay, it is really just an excuse to use monkey fabric on my quilt!)



Week 4:  I finished up my Park Bench quilt this week.  I also received some happy mail from a friend (who I think of every time I see a penguin), I started the Splendid Sampler on Wednesday, I sewed with friends on Friday and I began questioning my decision to start the Sampler by Sunday.  The weather has been beautiful so things like birds and spring flowers are also in this block.



So this is my month of February all captured in fabrics!  I have been pretty good about keeping up.  The last week of the month I found myself days behind but I easily caught up one evening.




 I started this quilt on January first and it is slowly growing on one of my design walls.  I love how it is looking now that I have moved to a second row.  I am looking forward to what March will bring!

There are so many other quilters working on this project.  Each quilt is as unique as the quilter.  I thoroughly enjoy seeing what everyone else is working on!  
I highly suggest you check it out!



Linking Up:

Quilty Folk


23 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You have a very interesting setting for your 365. Yes, I am loving all the personalities that are showing thru with this project.

Béa said...

I enjoy seeing what everyone else is working on, yours is also very original & beautiful.

Marly said...

This is such an interesting setting, and quite unique, I think.

audrey said...

Yours is such a great version! Love how it's coming along and thanks for the laugh about your visiting squirrel.:)

Barb Neiwert said...

So glad you are eating your fruits and veggies, lol, and now this quilt will remind you every time you look at it! I love your layout - very clever. Are you going to put a row of circles for the very top border? Congrats on keeping up the pace :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Very creative indeed!! I agree too...good job keeping up...I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up...so am enjoying everyone's progress.

Libby in TN said...

This is going to be one of those quilts you can't stop looking at, discovering/remembering something with every circle and HST.

SandraC said...

I love your setting for the Quilty365! I hope you don't mind but I think I'll send people to have a look when I write my next blogpost this afternoon!

Jayne said...

This is going to be really cool when it's finished! I love the circles...you are good!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love how your blocks look - so creative and fun! And a penguin made it on there! :). Did you see that Lorna at Sew Fresh quilts is working on a penguin quilt pattern? I may have to make that one!

Linda said...

What a fun, fun project! It really is looking pretty. Loved the gray hair circle - lol!

Marle said...

I love yours blocks! They are most beautiful. It is a super good idea to do one block each week.

Quilting Babcia said...

You have a fabulous quilt in the making!

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

This is just a really cool, super interesting quilt! I love it!

Preeti said...

At first glance, I did not see it. But when I observed the blocks all lined up on the design wall, I can see that it will be a stunning and a unique quilt. Looking forward to the finished product.
Preeti.
http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Very cool! Seeing the second row starting on your design wall, I think it's going to be a great quilt. The penguin and the squirrel are too cute!

Cut&Alter said...

I like this take on the 365 challenge. Your weekly blocks are looking wonderful so far.

Debbie said...

Love it. You know yourself and have such a great vision for this project.

Lois said...

This quilt is going to look amazing - I'm in awe of your colour use:))

Jasmine said...

Awesome! I love how every day is represented.

pandchintz said...

This looks fabulous!! Great idea.

Maryse said...

It's interesting to see how your blocks look together, it's a different and unique design. Well done!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I love this unique take on the 365 project. So beautiful!

01 09 10