If you are concerned Scrap-A-Palooza is going away, let me squash those fears right away! Even though I just finished the 19th quilt, there are still lots of ideas swirling around in my brain. But for a short while, I am going to mix it up just a tiny bit.
I have a giant basket under my cutting table overflowing with bags of scraps. Each bag contains scraps I have collected of various designers, fabric collections or color themes. I really need to clean these up a bit so I thought it would be fun to revisit some of the previous Scrap-A-Palooza quilts and remake new variations using these scraps.
I started by grabbing a big bag of some scraps and leftover fabrics a friend gave me. Inside are lots of strips and chunks of purples, grays, greens and pinks. I have decided to remake my 10th quilt (which is the vertical strip quilt) so I got out my AccuQuilt cutter to cut them up quickly into 4.5" widths. In the photo, I am just using my 4.5" multiple square die but I am laying the pieces across the blades where I want the fabric cut. In no time at all, the fabric was cut and I can now get to the sewing!
When I share my finish, I will also be sharing similar finishes of quilt #10 made by others. So if you have made one of the Scrap-A-Palooza quilts and it has not been featured yet, send me a photo or a link either through email or in the comments. I might already have it bookmarked but I don't want to miss any as I go along!
Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)
***This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, at no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission, which I appreciate so much!***