Sunday, July 23, 2017

Oh Scrap! : New RSC Block

I haven't had too much time this weekend to sew but I did decide on a new Rainbow Scrap Challenge block and sewed up a couple to see if I like them.

Yep...cute little bowtie blocks!



I thought for these blocks, I would use some of my Kaffe Fassett and my low volume scraps.  I decided because I tend to have larger chunks in these scrap bins that I would go ahead and make some nice sized 8" blocks.

I am not sure how many blocks I will make each month.  All of these prints have so many colors in them, at times it will be difficult to know what month the block was done.  And just like the "scales" above (from Kaffe's Gone Fishing print), I can fussy cut colors out of his large prints to get the colors I am after.

I hope you found some time to sew your scraps.  Please share what you made below!


************************************

Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

    Quilting is more fun than Housework

    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!






    11 comments:

    Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

    Oh I like them!!! they are so cute!

    Cathy said...

    Bow ties are a great RSC project! (I'm making six inch ones).

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    Bow tie blocks are fun because they're so quick and easy! I'm enjoying making them too.

    Kate said...

    Sounds like a great plan to use up those scraps that really aren't one color.

    scraphappy said...

    I love the way you let your scraps tell you what block size would work best. Bowties is always such a fun pattern. So many ways to put them together in the end.

    chrisknits said...

    I wish I would plan for my scraps better. The project I show today ran out of the one color, so it limited my options. But it was fun to find colors that worked well together. The bow tie on the left looks like it actually could be a bow tie!!

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    You've chosen a nice and easy pattern for your next RSC project. Best of luck in the making of any more BLUE blocks!!

    Mystic Quilter said...

    Love Bow Tie blocks and Kaffe Fassett fabrics, apart from the wonderful colour in his fabric lines I love the fact that it lends itself to fussy cutting, only problem is the hole left in another piece of fabric!

    Janice Holton said...

    Oh good! Another good idea for using print scraps! I have so many of those! Thanks, Cindy!

    Miaismine said...

    Very pretty bowties! Great scrappy idea! Thank you for sharing!

    em's scrapbag said...

    Cute little bow ties!

    01 09 10