Sunday, July 9, 2017

Oh Scrap! : The Popular Vote

I tallied up the votes for everyone's favorite layout on my string quilt and the third layout was the popular vote.  So I put all the blocks back up on my design wall and am slowly sewing them up into a quilt top.



The quilt will be 60" square when it is finished so it barely fits on my smaller design wall. (Which is jammed in a corner and difficult to photograph.)  I was originally planning on binding it in blue but red might look nice too!

This is the only scrap sewing I have been doing....What about you!


************************************

It is now your turn to share what you have been making with scraps. 
Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

    Quilting is more fun than Housework

    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!










    Follow Me on Bloglovin'          Follow me thru Email          Follow me on Feedly


    Linking Up:

    Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
    Small Quilts and Doll Quilts (Design Wall Monday)
    Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
    Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)



    And for those of you who have an Accuquilt Studio fabric cutter, Studio dies are on sale through July 9th.  It is a great time to pick up some new ones.


    AccuQuilt Studio Dies Sale

    20 comments:

    Julie in GA said...

    Your RWB string blocks are looking great! I love the layout.

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    I like the layout, too! The border blocks finish it up nicely!

    Libby in TN said...

    I really like the way you've incorporated the red blocks into an inner border. Nice job!

    Kate said...

    Yeah, that was my favorite layout! Happy scrappy stitching today.

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    Makes me want to go grab some R/W/B string and start sewing... RIGHT NOW!!!

    Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

    Oh i SO love that!!! I want to start stringing again and copy you!! it is beautiful!!

    Ariane said...

    I love how this quilt top is coming along. It's going to make a beautiful quilt.

    Gretchen Weaver said...

    Why don't you still have blue binding but add a red flange. The quilt is looking beautiful.

    Kat said...

    Whoa, cool scrap quilt! I love it.

    Val's Quilting Studio said...

    Fantastic!!!!

    Amber said...

    I love the layout, beautiful RWB quilt.

    Kristi said...

    I love your style of 'controlled scrappiness'. This string quilt is fantastic! I have one more string project for my 'neutral' strings, then I'm going to have to cut up more fabric! :)

    Karen's Korner said...

    Another gorgeous scrappy on its way to completion.

    chrisknits said...

    Very striking top. Love the look of the outer border fabrics.

    MissPat said...

    What Gretchen said: blue binding with red flange would be perfect.
    Pat

    Barb Neiwert said...

    Big smiles here for creating such a lovely quilt out of scraps. Awesome!

    Jayne said...

    I love what you did with this quilt top! Red would be gorgeous as the binding!!

    Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

    Very striking!

    stamperwithdayjob said...

    Oooh I love the layout - another great layout for a string quilt. I finished up some patriotic table runners for my mom and myself. A little late but we can be patriotic all summer.

    Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

    The layout is perfect! Have you thought about how you're going to quilt it? I have a jelly roll quilt that needs quilted but am having a creative block for ideas. Hopefully I'll break free soon! :)

    01 09 10