Friday, July 7, 2017

Three More Finishes

I am still working away on all the Covered in Love quilt blocks sent in by so many of you.  I have three more finished quilts to share with you today.



I did get the colorwash layout all quilted up.


I quilted this one with some vertical loop quilting.  The piecing helped me to keep my quilting straight across the entire length. 



At first glance, there might not appear to be a pattern here but each row includes only two colors.



I put a soft purple backing on this one and quilted it with a squared off swirl pattern.



I have very little yellow in my stash so it surprised me that the majority of the blocks I received were yellow.  I was able to change the look on this quilt by using all yellow blocks to create an out border.



I tried something new for the quilting on this one.  I quilted a vertical line and then quilted some large swooping curves across it.  I really like the effect it gave.  

This one received a very bright green backing.  As I am sure you can imagine, coming up with backings for all of these has been a challenge for both Kat and I.  But with some careful piecing and scrimping, I have enough for the last three quilts that are awaiting quilting.

Yes, this project is coming to an end for me.  I will have 15 quilts ready to send off to Kat around the end of July.  I will share the last 3 quilts in a couple weeks.

If you are wanting to participate in the July/August block drive, you can read more about it here.

Thanks again!




30 comments:

Ariane said...

These are beautiful Quilts! I love how each quilt is different because of how you set the colours! Love these!

julieQ said...

OH, I love string type quilts, and your quilting just really accents them. Lovely!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh my goodness! 15 of them - that's amazing, and you are amazing for completing them all. I love how you made each one unique. I bet you're really ready to move on! :)

Kate said...

You've made so many different layouts with those blocks. Wow 15 finished? You've done a lot this month. I really like the red and yellow version. It's so sunny and fun.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Quilting is one way to beat the heat that is for sure. Congrats on your finishes.

Cathy said...

15 Fantastic Quilts! Good for you for volunteering to assemble and quilt plus give each one it's own personality. I'm really drawn to the red/yellow one.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They are turning out great - love the yellow/red one

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, a total of 15 quilts is so awesome. I'm amazed at what the community can do when asked, and how much you were willing to contribute as well. Thank you!

Kat said...

These are all beautiful! 15 quilts! I can't believe it! I still love that color wash one best.

Celtic Thistle said...

What a happy collection of quilts you have there! They will definitely brighten somebody's day.

Vera said...

Great to see different options but the first one is the best :)

em's scrapbag said...

Three wonderful finishes!

Karen's Korner said...

Lovely layouts on each of them.

Jo said...

What a wonderful effort. This is an easy design block. The finished quilt is very effective.

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise said...

15!! Wow, that's a lot of quilts! And a lot of backings and batting and binding. You are a powerhouse, lady! Thanks for this Herculean effort for Covered in Love :)

Mina said...

WoW! This is fantastic!

Marianne said...

I am blown over by all the blocks you received and all the quilts you made. WOW! Awesome job!

MissPat said...

Just want to send you a big Thank You for coming forward to do this project. I don't think everyone understands what a huge commitment of time and money is involved. I'm just sorry training I didn't think to send a cash contribution toward your batting/backing with my blocks. Again thank you for all your hard work and creativity.
Pat

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Fantastic finishes on all of them!!! --Andrea

Jasmine said...

It is a labor of love. Such sweet quilts. The colorwash one is still my favorite.

Rike Busch said...

Wonderful quilts with perfect fitting quilting. Striaght lines and waves make a real interesting mix!

Cathy Tomm said...

Wow, 2 great Quilts finished. You sure have been working on the string blocks, so much done.

Barb Neiwert said...

These quilts remind me of popsicles. Probably because it has been so hot lately. Your donation is so admirable! I can see you having fun creating the layout designs. Great work!

Havplenty said...

I had not thought about backing fabric for some reason. These quilts are wonderful and 15 to donate... fantastic.

gayle said...

What a terrific bunch of quilts! And I love how this pattern looks like fancy woven ribbon. They're all beautiful!

Emily said...

Wow! I've loved seeing all of these. I especially like that one with all the yellow as the border. I don't have a lot of yellow in my stash, either, so it's good to know it is well-represented beyond the two of us!

Kristi said...

These have all been fabulous! So glad you got a lot of blocks and they are going to a great cause! :)

Mary Marcotte said...

Yes indeed! They are all beautiful and such a good cause. It's funny how we may avoid a color and when forced to use it, discover that we really like it or it works well in our quilts. Definitely you need to invest in more yellow as it looks like you've struck on an idea with that border.

Ruth said...

Brilliant to see them all together and how different the feel is with the colour arrangement - so versatile a design!

01 09 10