Sunday, March 18, 2018

Oh Scrap! : RSC Blocks for March

Spring Green is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for March!



 So I dug around in my scraps and made these two "Red Cross" blocks for my Squared Away Sampler.  I love playing around with color placement just to see how it changes the look of  the design. 


Here are the six blocks I have completed so far.  I think this is going to be a fun quilt!

My plan right now is to make 25 blocks and lay them out on-point.  I will need to make a third block for some of the designs but I will wait a bit and choose my favorites.



I also pulled out all of my green Kaffe Fassett scraps and made some bowtie blocks.  I don't know how many more blocks I will make for this quilt but I think I am getting close to having enough for a quilt.  So I went ahead and just used any shade of green - and I see some straggling purples made it too!  I think the only other color I know I need are yellows.

That gets me all up to date on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for March!


*********************************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!












Linking Up:


11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Squared Away blocks look great - you found some fun greens to use for the March blocks! I need to make one more green block this week. Have a relaxing Sunday!

Barb Neiwert said...

Your bow tie blocks are looking great together! And the RSC blocks are fun as well! Gotta love scrappiness!

Jayne said...

I just love how you put quilts together! Both of these quilts are so pretty...I'm still eyeing that Bowtie one!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that Bow Tie quilt

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks, both are going to be fun quilts!

Kristi B said...

Great idea to set the RSC18 blocks on point! I have not explored a setting idea yet. And the bowties are my favorite!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on being all caught on your blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The shape of my days changed this year. I am SEW far behind on my blocks!!! At least, I am still using my scraps for other projects. :o))

Jo said...

Great Squared Away blocks and love your Bow Ties...

Bonnie said...

That Red Cross block is interesting. Can't say I've ever seen it before. I wish I was doing the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again but I'm spending that time finishing the 2nd quilt from last year and working on other UFOs. I'm hoping to get a few UFOs finished this year. Time will tell.

Mystic Quilter said...

Both lovely projects, but if I had to choose my vote would go with the Bow Tie, always been a favourite of mine.

Kate said...

Your Squared Away blocks look great and so do your bowtie blocks. I love those Kaffe fabrics, that's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

01 09 10