Friday, April 12, 2019

A Colorful Quilty Hug


There is a wonderful event going on right now hosted by the wonderful Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Every year she organizes a quilt drive called Hands2Help.  Hundreds of quilts get donated to some wonderful organizations and I try and participate every year.

I usually finish up one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts for the event.  Because they are so bright and colorful, they make a wonderful quilty hug.


I just finished up my rainbow zigzag quilt.  It is made with 2.5 x 4.5" rectangles and finished out as a 12" block.  And everything came from the scrap bin!



I had the perfect giant floral print for the back but it wasn't quite big enough so I found a fun stripe in my stash to run down the back and use as the binding.



 I could have created a number of patterns with the blocks but decided to just randomly position them so they create kind if a fun maze look.  I will miss making these blocks each month - this is definitely a pattern I would make again in the future.


I am sending this quilt off to Emily as a Quilty Hug for Happy Chemo.  She has been collecting quilts for years for this organization.


And the timing of this event was perfect because this quilt was my March UFO challenge quilt.  I am a few days late but I will still celebrate crossing another project off my list.
(Of course we all know that once a RSC quilt gets done, a new project is immediately started!)






Linking Up:





15 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Wonderful rainbow zigzag! The random placement adds so much to the fun. This looks like a design I want to play with. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki in MN said...

I love that it is all from your scrap bin and for such a good cause. Fun design too;)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is the perfect quilty hug! I love the backing, too - you find the best backings. I have my H2H quilt top ready to baste and quilt, and keep putting it off. (Typical me!) I'd better get with it!

Chantal said...

Awesome! Congrats! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on another wonderful RSC finish. Such a great cause, too!!

Pamela Arbour said...

I love the random placement.

Louise said...

The random layout looks aMAZEingly good! Fun and happy quilt for H2H :)

Barb Neiwert said...

Someone will definitely love this quilt. I've got to get mine finished up for the cause!

PaulaB quilts said...

A happy quilt for some lucky recipient!

Cathy said...

Congrats on the wonderfully scrappy quilty hug! I like how you sewed the blocks together randomly.

Danice G said...

Really colorful and bright quilt. The scrappy backing is as pretty as the front.

Kathy S. said...

I love how you put the stripe on the back and then used the same fabric for the binding. Brilliant! Emily at Happy Chemo is going to love giving it to one of the patients. :)

Sarah Craig said...

Lovely, colorful, and I really like the "maze" layout!

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

Lovely! And I think we can all agree that the best thing about finishing a project is that it gives us permission to start a new one! ; )

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

So bright and colourful. And that back is amazing.

01 09 10