Sunday, April 7, 2019

Oh Scrap! : RSC Blocks

Why Hello April!


Aqua is the color for this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  I decided to include the turquoise color in my blocks because they share the same scrap bin.

I quickly finished three color blocks made with 2.5" squares.
This one is my newest RSC addition.



I started this quilt last month when the color was green.  Now I have six blocks up on the wall.  No thoughts on how they will be laid out.  It will be months before I am ready for that decision!


The other RSC project I made some progress on is my scrappy quarter log quilt.  I decided I don't want to add aqua so because my pink scrap bin was already out, I made a couple in darker mauves and burgundy.  I think I am down to only needing 8 more blocks.  I know I need purple but I need to inventory what I have and decide what other colors I want to make.

I will probably finish this one up in the next couple of months.

*********************************************
It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


10 comments:

Jayne said...

These aqua blocks are gorgeous! I admire your dedication to the RSC each and every month. I cannot believe it's April already!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those 25 patch blocks! So pretty and interesting in different shades of the color. I have always liked your quarter log cabins, too - but no turquoise for that quilt? You must have a certain plan for that one!

Marly said...

Quarter log cabins! something else I really want to make! Yours are lovely; such subtle colour changes.

gayle said...

Those green to aqua blocks make a nice color shift! Rainbow effect, eh?
Your quarter log cabins are intriguing and fun! I'm looking forward to seeing that finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE those AQUA blocks and I'm looking forward to seeing you finish up those 9-patch Logs!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your aqua and turquoise scraps are so pretty together! I realized after linking up that this is supposed to be a linkup of our scrappy projects, and although I MENTIONED my new scrap project in my blog post, I forgot to take a picture of it... Whoops! :-( Well, the flying geese quilt is CREATING a lot of scraps; does that count?

Bonnie said...

Your aqua blocks look great. I'm really having to scour my scraps (and fat quarters) to find enough. I guess that is what happens when you make a queen size quilt with turquoise scraps.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

your blocks look so great! Love the mauve ones

Denise said...

It will be gorgeous regardless of the layout.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh I love Aqua!! Beautiful blocks Cynthia and I'm waiting eagerly to see all the blocks finished for your scrappy quarter log cabin quilt.

01 09 10