Sunday, July 28, 2019

Oh Scrap! : Some Scrappy Progress

It has been a bit too hot to be outdoors this last week, so I have been spending some time in my sewing room.



I have been sewing quite a bit on my Improv Garden quilt.  I have been making some purple flowers lately.  I am still struggling a bit with all the shades of green but I am becoming a bit more adventurous with mixing them in a single block.




I also started another rainbow scrap challenge quilt (these garlic knot blocks will now make four quilts in the works).  I have decided each block will have two shades of black/white fabric and the block backgrounds will be low volume prints that lean more taupe or yellow.



It didn't take me long to sew up the four pink blocks I need for this month's RSC color.  I am glad a new month will be here soon or I am likely to start more quilts!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter





Linking Up:



13 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the color gradation you're doing in the flower blocks - so pretty! The garlic knots are going to be a good RSC block, too. Those are tempting me! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

last week the weather was so nice and dry for a change that I was not in the sewing room - this week back to humidity and I will be back in the sewing room. Love your blocks - garlic knots is one I keep telling myself to add to the list.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love how you're coloring your garlic knots!!!

Jayne said...

I'm glad you are becoming adventurous with your greens in the flowers! Depending on the time of day, sunny or not, the greenery shades change color. So...adventure on!

Debra Campbell said...

I've seen several color combinations of garlic knots on the internet but I think I like your black and white with a pop of color best.

Marly said...

I like your purple flower. I never can remember if I should have the lighter fabric in the middle or the darker. I should probably just try both and then decide.

JanineMarie said...

I love the flower blocks. Mix away with your greens. They will look just like foliage does in nature. (Can you tell green is my favorite color?)

OH Scrappy said...

I love that block. Do you have a pattern for it? I love paper piecing.
I'm only been quilting for a short time.
thank Yu,

Audrey Head

Bernie Kringel said...

Cute blocks! I love the name of the Garlic Knot block. That is going to be a great quilt.

Audrey Head said...

Do you have the pattern I just love the block. I’m fairly new to quilting. I like paper piecing best.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

^^^Audrey, I have no way to get a hold of you.

There is no pattern for this block. It is not paper pieced but is made using improv quilting techniques.

KaHolly said...

You’re too funny! Your RSC blocks are all great,even your new ones. What a flower garden you are growing! When they are all sewn together, it will be beautiful! I just finished another scrappy quilt, but the one I’m working on now isn’t scrappy. Itnsure is fun, though!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the purple and green combination!

01 09 10