Wednesday, July 31, 2019

An Old UFO

During the summer months, I find I like to have some portable hand work available to work on.  I recently dug out an old English Paper Piecing project and made a bit of progress.

It appears I haven't worked on these since August of 2015!



I finished up another hexagon star.  This piece measures about 12" across.



So that means I now have a whopping 9 blocks finished.  I should probably come up with a better plan for color placement so I can assemble the blocks needed for completing the quilt.  And remember to put that plan in writing and place it in with the blocks.  I think my plan was to use the darkest gray blocks as an outside border with the orange stars in the center.

I have a long ways to go!
But maybe I can make a bit more progress this summer...




Linking Up:



7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are so pretty! I'm glad you're getting them back out to work on! Have you seen Koka Quilts' hexie star project?

Laura said...

Love these star blocks!

Mystic Quilter said...

So the blocks are a good size, not fiddling with tiny 1 and 1/2" sides. How many are you aiming for?

Marly said...

It looks like you had a good plan there, back in 2015! I have a long running EPP too, for just the same reason!

Jayne said...

Well it's high time you do a few more blocks then! It's going to be gorgeous. I love the combination of colors too!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

They look great. I've been working on old WIPs, but I don't have any that old...anymore LOL

KaHolly said...

I love them. Hand projects like this always take forever. I think that’s the best part!

01 09 10