Sunday, September 22, 2019

Oh Scrap! : The Last of the Purple

I have really enjoyed playing in my purple scraps this month and seeing everyone's lovely blocks. 
 It is my favorite color!



I made this Lupine block for my Garden Quilt while I had my purple scraps out.  I saw this idea of stacking different sized four patches years ago and I filed it away in my mind palace.  Not sure if my block looks anything like the block I remember, but I am happy with the results.

I am slowly piecing together the bottom third of the top and hope to share the finish in October.  I just keep getting distracted by other projects!




This week I also finished four purple blocks for my Garlic Knots.  This completes making Septembers Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  I look forward to seeing what color October brings.

With all of my RSC blocks done, I will have to find other scrap projects to work on.
There are certainly many to choose from right now!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


14 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

What a neat way to make a flower, love it! Happy Stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your lupine block is just great! I have those in my garden, too, and I love them. I'm guessing your garden quilt needed a tall thin block to fit in between some of the other blocks - this one will be perfect for that.

Jayne said...

I love when you use an idea that has been stored away!! The idea is wonderful and I see Lupine or Holly Hocks! Every time I see your Garlic Knot blocks I like them more!

Marie said...

Just love your Lupin - what a great idea! Isn't it great when you finally get a chance to use it?

JanineMarie said...

I love the gradation in value in your lupine block. That gives it so much dimension.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh Purple - so pretty! love your garlic Knots

Kathleen Kingsbury said...

Love the lupine. "Mind palace" . . . that cracked me up!!
kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Bonnie said...

I like your lupine block. Very pretty, Hum, garlic knots would be a great block for me for next year's RSC. I'm way behind... haven't done any purples and really didn't do much last month either. Sigh.

KaHolly said...

I love that lupine Block! I was just out cleaning up a patch of lupines yesterday, spreading the seeds as I worked. There are lots of fun scrappy projects linked up this week!

Susie H said...

Love the lupine block! I think it turned out spectacularly! Sure to make a lovely addition to your garden quilt. Have a great week!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your lupine block and garlic knots look great! Congrats on finishing up the challenge! If you're looking for a new project, I vote for Preeti's Sisterhood blocks. They are SO stinking cute and I love how they feature each scrap of a print fabric as a fabulous dress and hat for the "sister!"

Susan said...

Love that Lupine block!!!

Marsha Cooper said...

Whew! Barely made the link up. I need to make myself a note that yours starts on Saturday!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love that lupine block Cynthia, perfect colour.

01 09 10