Sunday, September 12, 2021

Oh Scrap! : Various Blocks

 I have a large pile of various cut blocks sitting next to my sewing machine so that when I get a moment, I can go in there and sew a few seams.  I never quite know what blocks are going to end up being completed.  But I seem to have made some more progress this week.



I finished up six more RSC Well Suited blocks.  I think I just need to sew the pieces next to my machine and I will have enough for my quilt.  This quilt is really scrappy and will probably end up being a donation quilt at some point.

I always like to have a few of those on hand!



I only completed one of my pinwheel blocks.  

At least it had a bit of orange in it for September's RSC color!



And speaking of orange, I finished up 3 more Chaser blocks to add to the four turquoise blocks I sewed last month.  (I could have sworn I sewed up four orange blocks so I think one is hiding somewhere - I am sure I will find it soon.)




For giggles, I made a couple blue basket blocks.  I really love these little blocks when they are finished but I am not a fan of all those HSTs.


Have a Scrappy Sunday!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


If you are looking for a fun star quilt pattern, the Fat Quarter Shop has this free 3D Popstar pattern for download.  It is perfect for fat quarters!

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Those Chaser blocks are fun with all those secondary patterns!

Chantal said...

Lovely progress, Cynthia. All your blocks are beautiful. Those little baskets are growing on me. Since I'm already floating on a sea of HSTs, I'm sure there's room for one more HST project. Haha. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

A whole lot of scrappy with a little bit of ORANGE for the RSC. LOVE it, Cynthia!!

Jayne said...

Busy, busy, busy as always! I hope you find time to celebrate today in some way...might I suggest cake! Thinking about you today!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I was working on those Well-Suited blocks I started (was that last year?) yesterday. I've made 12, so I think I'll turn them into a fall tablerunner. I love those Chaser blocks - they're going to make a neat design! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are so productive, Cynthia in the sewing room. I wish I could machine piece as precisely as you!

Ivani said...

Lovely blocks done for beautiful quilts. Thanks for the link for the 3D stars. Have a wonderful Sunday, Cynthia!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Another busy week, Cynthia and all of your blocks look fantastic. I am loving the turquoise and orange blocks together. Happy quilting and thank you for hosting the link party.

Bonnie said...

Don't you hate it when blocks decide to hide? The worse part for me is I might spend more time looking for them then it took to make one! Sigh. It probably is more indicative of me needing to clean the studio up. Have a quilty week.

Susie H said...

Love the surprise pinwheels on the Chaser blocks. I also really like the Well-Suited blocks, especially the one with the brown flying geese that emphasize the chocolate on its coordinating fabric.

01 09 10