Friday, December 3, 2021

A Bee Happy Finish

 Back in early November, I shared a quick project I was making for a neighbor who wanted a gift for a friend who keeps bees.





She wanted me to keep it simple and relatively small.  I pulled out a panel I had that was filled with some fun bee panels and she picked a couple she liked.




I then went to my scraps and found some coordinating bits that I cut to 2.5" square.



I found a nice gray fabric for the backing and quilted it in a grid in a serpentine stitch.  I used a black fabric for the binding to match the frames around the panels.

My neighbor loved it and has already taken delivery of it.  I am glad I was able to use some of my exisitng stash to make something special for someone.

I know a few readers said they have the same panel.  I still have quite a bit of it left and may make a few more like this in the future.  This was definitely a quick and rewarding little project!

Happy December everyone!





Linking Up:


9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that, I know I have seen that panel on someone else's blog but don't remember where - it is cute

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a sweet finish! How great to use some stash in the process as well. Wow. . .no grass will ever have a chance to grow under your feet! You completed this project so quickly! Well done!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Hooray for fast and fun finishes (and for having something just right for a specific request. Happy December to you, too!

Jeanna said...

Oh what an adorable piece. You the perfect fabrics to accompany the panel.

Jenny said...

What a lovely piece to make for your neighbour to gift, so cute.

Cheryll said...

It's wonderful and sounds like a perfect fit as a gift too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That will BEE a very sweet gift for your neighbor's friend, Cynthia, and bonus points for using up some scraps and stash fabrics on the project!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Lovely finish! And perfect for a beekeeper!

QuiltGranma said...

I like that, and appreciate that your machine will do a serpentine stitch... mine is an older model or just does not have that option.

01 09 10