Sunday, September 11, 2022

Oh Scrap! : More Block Progress

 Wildfire smoke has been so bad in my area that it is difficult to be outside much. 

So that means I have been inside sewing a bit.



Hurray, I finished the last two letters I need for my quilt show booth banner.  Which is good because I am the featured quilter at the Westside Quilters Guild show in Hillsboro Oregon the first weekend in October.  If you are in the area, I hope you stop in.  I will be giving free talks on scrap management each morning.  You can read more about it on their website.



I also finished the last eight Bloom blocks I need for my Scrap Mixology quilt.  



I put them up on the design wall to finish out the layout I am making.  (Yes, this layout is in my Bloom Scrap Mixology pattern.)  This is another project I can start sewing together.  

I should have lots of finishes to share soon.



I did battle the smoke and the heat to finally hang a barn quilt made by a friend on my newly painted shed. (Please ignore the dirty windows and the piled-up wood.  It is on my list to deal with.)

Definitely says "a quilter lives here!"

*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Follow Me on Bloglovin'                   Follow Me on Feedly







If you are looking for a fun project, Connecting Threads announced a fall-themed block of the month.
The quilt is really pretty!

12 comments:

Preeti said...

Oh Cynthia, I am crushing on these baskets big time. I think they are going to be my RSC block for 2023. It would be fun to use loads of low-volume fabrics too. I am so sorry about the smoke, even if it is good excuse to be indoors and sew. On the upside, I am looking forward to your finishes.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Bloom blocks and design are really great! It's fun to see that layout in the colors you're using. It's not fun to hear about the wildfire smoke, though. We're going to be in Oregon next week, although not near you this time. I'm hoping the smoke is better on the coast. Have a relaxing Sunday!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Can't wait to see what your banner looks like, all put together!!!

Chantal said...

Bravo on finishing all the letters for the banner. Bloom is definitively on my list of next quilts. I love your layout. I might copy that too. Sorry about the smoke. Hope it ends soon. The barn quilt looks like a lovely rose. Cool! ;^)

Ivani said...

Beautiful layout for your bloom blocks, Cynthia.
Here we also are dealing with wild fire smoke, we need some rain urgently, it is almost impossible to breath...

Michelle said...

Your bloom blocks are just gorgeous! Ugh. I’m sorry to hear about the smoke issues. But your painted barn block is a beauty. Awesome that you will be a featured speaker at the upcoming quilt festival in October. I’ve been spending more time in the garden as it’s begun to cool down, so I have nothing to share this week.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Hooray for finishing those scrappy letters! Well done!!!!!!! Those bloom blocks are gorgeous. That smoke has kept me inside too. I hope the fires will be contained soon with no more loss of personal property. I sure hope to meet you at the Westside Quilter's show. For some reason, your blog isn't coming up on my feed. I love your June UFO finish.

Chantal said...

I had to come and hunt you down today as your post didn't show up on my dashboard. I haven't changed any settings. I also don't have your post of Sept 9th on the dashboard. Have you changed something? Are there others that don't receive your posts? What is Blogger up to this time? Let's get this fix. ;^)

Nann said...

Love the baskets! Grouping them in 4's really emphasizes each color. The barn quilt sign is terrific. Wish I could attend your presentation.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

If only I lived nearby, I would definitely enjoy seeing and hearing you speak. Good luck with it. Lovely blocks as ever and how special to have one displayed on your barn too. I spy them occasionally here and never when I have my camera, it seems.

karenbbsnow said...

Cute letters and Bloom blocks Cynthia.

Carol Andrews said...

So much eye candy! Thanks for sharing. The smoke is horrible at my home, too!

01 09 10