Sunday, January 29, 2023

Oh Scrap! : Old and New Projects

 I was able to actually dig through my scrap bins this week!





I pulled some more blue scraps and made more of my switchplate blocks.



These are made with a total of five 1.5" x 3.5" strips. Super easy to make and I think they will be really fun to play with.



I now have 42 blue blocks to play with.  I just need to make a few hundred more in other colors.



I also cut a bunch of 3.5" squares from my low volume scraps.  I have a new project in mind and I am ready to execute.  Some red scraps are required too.

I can't wait to get started on this one.  I hope to share more soon!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Connecting Threads is having a finishing sale.  You can save big on battings and backings!



9 comments:

Cathy said...

You got me started on those Switch Plate blocks last year so I have quite a pile and I'm continuing into this year so I hope to have quite a few to play with later on in the year.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice blue switch plate blocks! You have such interesting fabrics.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I've been tempted to make a few of those blocks. . . now you've tempted me again! You are going to have fun playing with them! You sure can make your scraps sparkle like little gems in these blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You know I love those switchplate blocks - I bet they make good leaders and enders! Keep going! Now I'm curious about the red and neutrals, too. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Ivani said...

Havr fun with the Switch Plate blocks. Looking forward to seeing what you will come um with the red and white squares. Have a nice week.

Michelle said...

The switch plate blocks are so fun.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The blue switch plate blocks look great together. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Carol Andrews said...

I just might need to make some of those switch plate blocks!

Nann said...

"Just a few hundred more." LOL! I'm intrigued by your upcoming low-volume proejct.

01 09 10