Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Onto February's Plate

 It is looking like most of the rail fence blocks for my Compassion quilts have arrived.  There haven't been any in the post for quite a few days.    Soon I will assemble the last quilt top using the rest of the blocks.  So What am I going to do in February?



I contacted Kat and let her know I had some time in February to finish up some of her Covered in Love blocks.  Just because I was making my Compassion quilts for my local hospital didn't mean I can't still help her out occasionally.

So she sent me enough of these geese blocks (from September 2022) to make three quilts.



She also sent me enough Tall Nine blocks (from Sept 2021) to make four quilts.
I already have one top done so stay tuned for some finished quilts soon.

My next block drive will be announced in early March.  I am not sure when Kat will start her block drives this year.  She has been taking a well-deserved vacation and obviously has a big stock of blocks to work through. 

I am happy to help :)





Linking Up:

4 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

You and Kat are so generous with your time to make a difference in your community and world! I look forward to seeing your finishes!

Michelle said...

I’m hoping I can donate to your next block drive - if my RA cooperates. Such a good cause. If not, maybe one of the tops I’m making for donation.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That's great that Kat is taking some much needed time off and that you can step in to help with her backlog!

Susan said...

That is so awesome that you two are collaborating in this way! I loved the geese blocks, but wasn't in a position to sew any then. One of these days, I'm going to make my own set for something.

01 09 10