Sunday, June 4, 2023

Oh Scrap! : Orange

 I know, orange was the RSC color for May but I really did finish all of these before the end of the month.  I just didn't get a chance to write about them.



I finished my orange heart block and the color block for May.



I also sewed up 17 more switchplate blocks.  It takes a long time to cut these out because I am trying not to make any duplicates.

I really need to get this one up on a design wall so I can see how many more I need.

The good news is I have plenty of blues and greens so I don't know that I will be needing to make any RSC blocks in June.  It will be nice to have a month off.

What have you been sewing with your scraps?


BTW - I f you are looking for information on the current Compassion Quilt block drive, you can find it on this post.


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love both the 36 patch and the heart in orange, especially the way you laid out the squares from lightest to darkest in the 36 patch block. I made some blocks like that a few years ago and it wasn't all that easy! The switch plate blocks are adorable, and so pretty in orange. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Preeti said...

Sometimes RSC colors slide into following months. Been there :-) Love the juicy oranges and the fade effect is drool-worthy. Since I combined dark and lights for both blues and greens, I have a free month for RSC. That works out just fine, since I have to write the Positivity Tutorial for the Flower Block, due next week. YIKES!!!

Deb said...

Nicley done! My oranges made it out onto the ironing board and then I got distracted quilting, and then a big quilt show ( or two)! I finished some green log cabin quilt blocks so .. sew wise , I am ahead! Stay safe and sew on!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Pretty orange blocks! I can't believe all you get done with the compassion quilts and everything else you do. Nice work!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your blocks remind me of sherbet ice cream! Love the centers you chose to compliment the orange!

Kim said...

All your little blocks explode with bright and happy colour. Love those switchplate blocks.

cityquilter grace said...

pretty orange blocks....gotta try that switchplate pattern soon!

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

These orange blocks are all amazing!

01 09 10