Thursday, July 27, 2023

Compassion Quilts #9 and #10

You might think you are seeing double in this post!

I am still trying to use a few of my orphan blocks in some of the quilts for this block drive.  As I was going through some of my class quilts, I came across some pillows I made using a block a designed years ago for 100 Quilt blocks.  I knew they were 18" and would work perfectly with some of the blocks I had received.  So I got out my seam ripper...


I love how these turned out!  

Quilt number 9 measures 54" x 63".



Here is a close up of the "old" pillow.



I used a green and pink floral backing that Kat sent me and a pink solid for the binding.




Here is quilt number 10.  You can see I made this one a bit longer.  It measures 54' x 72'.  Why? because the fabric I had for the backing was big enough to make a larger quilt.

It looks like I planned all the blocks specifically for this quilt!



I think this soft green backing with pink flowers was also gifted by Kat.
 (I think I still have a big enough piece for a second quilt. Yay!)




Here are the two of them together.  I really am having a fun time trying to make these quilts look as planned as possible.

I couldn't do it without the help from so many of you!


**********************************

My goal for this drive was to make 20 quilts.  These two finishes take us to the halfway point.  There is still time to donate blocks if you wish.  You can read more about them here.

If you want to read more about the Compassion Quilt project, you can check out the page by following this link.  The next block drive will be coming out the first part of September!




Linking Up:
  


 

7 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Two delightful quilts! Love the colours in them, a matching pair! I'm sure they will be much loved and much used.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Both quilts are very pretty and they do look planned. Happy stitching!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Perfect!!! these are so lovely!!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The framed in pillows look perfectly at home in these quilts. Have a wonderful weekend!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a fun way to recycle some underutilized pillows, Cynthia! You were completely correct in thinking that they would work perfectly. They did!

Sue said...

Hi! I've emailed you from both my email accounts to get your address. I have some blocks to send you for this drive & they've been waiting to get in the mail. I'm guessing I keep going to your spam. I turned on the email follow-up comments here so hopefully we can connect!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Both of these quilts are wonderful. I am loving the different ranges in color that you're coming up with. Orphan blocks are so perfect for these applications. I have to get organized and see what bits and pieces I have to send you. I know there must be many loose blocks to send you. Well done and keep them coming!

01 09 10