Sunday, July 30, 2023

Oh Scrap! : Switchplates

This is the last Sunday in July and I was able to get out my scraps and sew up some of my RSC blocks.  The color for July is red and I don't need any more color or heart blocks.



But I did make twenty more of my switchplate blocks in red.  I already made about 30 so now I have a nice big stack of them.



I was going to start putting them up on a design wall but I noticed I don't have a single yellow block!  Maybe I will get lucky and Angela will make yellow the color for August.  No matter what, I need that color to finish this quilt.

Guess I will have to find something else to work on!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


8 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Looking at your pile of blocks, I thought, "Cynthia needs some yellow ones." Then when I read your next sentence I laughed because that was your thought too! You are lucky because yellow is the color of the month for August.

You have a beautiful collection of blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those little blocks - they're fun in every color! You got your wish, too - Angela said yellow for August yesterday. I need to dig up my yellows and see what I have. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

When I looked at your pile of blocks, I thought, "Cynthia needs some yellow blocks." Imagine my chuckle when I read the next paragraph where you state the same thought! Lucky for you, Angela selected that very color for August!

How you accomplish so much is amazing!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

When I looked at your pile of blocks, I thought, "Cynthia needs some yellow blocks." Imagine my chuckle when I read the next paragraph where you state the same thought! Lucky for you, Angela selected that very color for August!

How you accomplish so much is amazing!

MissPat said...

Your in luck. Yellow IS the color for August. Now get to work on those switchplates.
Pat

Bonnie said...


Your blog and the Linky party is overwhelmingly RED! And, I just realized I haven't finished the extra red blocks I was going to make. Must get them on a list. You've got a lot of your switch plate blocks. It's going to be fun to see what you do with them.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing how you put the switchplate blocks together :o)
Kathleen -- kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, don't those stacks of blocks look great? I guess you'll be making your yellow blocks this month - I have a yellow placemat to do :-)

01 09 10