Friday, September 22, 2023

Happy Hands Quilt #1

 Yay!  It is time to share the first quilt made from the current Compassion Quilt block drive.  

I give you Happy Hands!



I think all of the blocks for his quilt were made by just two or three people but I thought it was the perfect quilt to kick us off.  

For the success of this program, it certainly takes many hands to make is work.  And you guys are really stepping up for this one.  Stacks of blocks are showing up daily - some with added goodies like backings and thread. (I so appreciate your generosity.)  I am having a ball opening all the packages and enjoying all the fun prints.



These blocks just make me happy!



I was also gifted a bit of yardage so I was able to put the hands on the back.  I pulled some smaller bits to frame it out.  For the binding, I pulled a green solid that has been in my stash for eons - it finished it off beautifully!

This quilt measure 40" x 48".

I already have a number of tops completed.  Because these quilts are smaller than the previous block drives, I know we will be exceeding the number of quilts those produced.  In fact, based on what I have received to date, I am pretty sure I will not be able to finish all of these quilts before the next block drive starts.  But I am going to give it my all!

(And my all is to quilt them myself and/or find help from local quilters.)

If you wish to get involved, you can read more about this block drive here.  And if you haven't heard about the Compassion quilt program, there is a whole page dedicated to it here.


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!




Hey, if you feel like doing a little spending, Connecting Threads is having their Summer Sale.



11 comments:

Frances said...

My friends and I made Happy Blocks for your Compassion Quilts. I sent you an email requesting the address so we could mail them to you. However, I have not received a reply. I wonder why? I hope to received a reply soon. Frances

Kate said...

A very fun quilt to kick off this block drive. How fun that you got the same center from many quilters.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

This is the perfect quilt to start off the finishes for this block drive! Great job on featuring the hands on the back of the quilt too!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What a perfect first quilt to kick off the drive. The handprint print being on the backing is really nice, too. I'm so glad that the drive is going well and you are getting so much more than just blocks!

Helenchaffin said...

That is cute as can be! I'm working at getting some blocks to you,sewing slowed down a bit from taking care of my neice who underwent major hernia surgery

Chantal said...

Bravo to all the generous people out there, helping you with this enormous, but enjoyable task. This one is absolutely the best quilt to start a quilt drive. Enjoy! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW cute, Cynthia!! I'm sorry to say that I've been missing your posts lately. Off to check out the Block Drive...

Joyce said...

Love how the "Happy Hands" turned out. You are really on the ball!!

cityquilter grace said...

happy indeed!

Cathy said...

Happy Blocks ALWAYS make for happy quilts!

Julie Johnson said...

I am awaiting the address for a place to send blocks. Thank you.

01 09 10